Friday, August 15, 2008

Frisky Dingo and Digital Communication

While I am well aware that, not only do these two phrases not seem coherent, they may very well not make any sense at all. This aside I assure you it will all become clear.

I will begin with an introduction. Frisky Dingo is an animated television show about a supervillain, Killface, trying to destroy the Earth with the Annihilatrix, but struggling with PR. Calm down, I know it's confusing but there's more. I recently spent a night watching the first series and, other than laughing my ass off, I was drawn to the similarities between this serial and my digital communication class, specifically the web based contribution. Still not getting it I'm sure but just wait.

Much like Killface, I know what I want: a functioning web page. A little more modest I admit but I don't have a spare $20 billion. It is also the little things that have beem hampering my success, such as HTML and layout worries. Just as Killface performs 30-odd takes of his commercial, I re-write or alter everything at least 5 times trying to get it just right. Hopefully I can escape resorting to a post-card.

Now to the enemies. I have HTML, Killface has Awesome-X. They are also quite similar despite one being a billionaire playboy, and the other simply code. While I refer to HTML as an enemy, it is very often a necessary part of any function online, something that is a staple dynamic in the superhero/supervillain relationship, and furthered in Frisky Dingo by Awesome-X assisting Killface under the guise of Barnaby Jones.

Then again if my plans go awry, I may just change tack altogether and run for President on the grounds I stopped Global Warming, but not until season 2.

No comments: